Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pie

Yep, I made this pie.  Looks tasty, eh?  
Especially next to our trusty old Betty Crocker Cookbook...

Yesterday, I made my dad's favorite pie (rhubarb) so we could have it for Fathers Day.  While baking, I stumbled across a most excellently funny paragraph: the introduction to the pie chapter in our Betty Crocker cookbook, copyright 1969.  I couldn't keep this excellence to myself, so here it is:

What's the American man's favorite dessert?  Most people would agree - it's pie.  And heading the list is apple pie.  Followed closely by cherry pie and peach pie and lemon meringue and a lot of others.  If you care about pleasing a man - bake a pie.  But make sure it's a perfect pie.  How?  Simple.  Spend a little time with this chapter; pick up our sure-fire tips for flaky pastry.  Then try one of our recipes - family-tested and guaranteed to satisfy.  What more could you ask of a dessert?


Oh man, I laughed so hard when I read this.  And I laughed again while I was typing it out.  What say you, men?  Is it true?

No comments:

Post a Comment