I cannot believe how time has gotten away from me! I haven't blogged in almost a month! I suppose this is ample testament to how busy my life has been here at AMDA. My first semester is wrapping up in a couple of weeks, and then I'll have my first set of final demos! Exciting.
There's not really anything specific that I sat down to write about this evening, just checking in with y'all so you know I'm still alive and well. But while I'm at it, I think I'll make a list of things that have been making me happy lately:
- chocolate-covered donuts
- sleeping in
- stopping in Petco to look at all the birds and fish
- looking cute in boots on rainy days
- the way my shaggy little haircut is growing out
- styles from the 70s
- reconnecting with a couple of long-lost friends
- icee pops
- curling up in my comforter when the AC is up really high
In other news, since I last blogged I have
- made it through my mid-term demos with flying colors
- survived Hurricane Irene by evacuating to Pittsburgh for a weekend (albeit unnecessarily in retrospect)
- taken the Labor Day weekend to travel to Canada with my sisters
- been sick for a week now without missing any classes. yay meee.
And now I am most looking forward to
- being able to breath normally through my nose and laugh without coughing up a lung
- attending Steve Moakler's performance in NYC with some of my classmates this weekend
- finishing my first semester strong
- visiting Pittsburgh again
- NYC Comicon!! I'll be dressing up again and maybe remembering my camera batteries this time.
Have I mentioned lately how much I love making lists? lol
But it seems that twitter is really a better way to keep track of me nowadays, since I can do that from my phone and it doesn't require any planning or organizing. Although this blog didn't really require much of either, to be honest.
And that is the end of this sonnet. I have never crocheted a bonnet.
lol STILL gets me every time...