Sunday, March 6, 2011

Home Alone

I would like to begin this post by stating how wonderful my housemates are.  Really.  They are not messy or loud, they respect my privacy but also don't let me become a recluse, and they are generally cool people with interesting and unoffensive ways of viewing the world.
BUT
with that being said
there are some things that one just cannot enjoy when there are other people in the house.  These activities include (but are not limited to):
- blasting my music as loud as it goes
- talking to myself out loud as I putter around the kitchen
- hanging out in my underwear (away from windows, of course)
- singing at the top of my lungs
- watching "Coupling" on the house tv in the living room and laughing loudly and obnoxiously at the inappropriate humor unfailingly found therein
I acknowledge the fact that any of these things would be mildly to extremely not ok if my housemates were home.  It is no reflection on them; rather, common courtesy dictates a certain way of behaving for everyone's sake.  And now that the house is mine, all mine, I may engage in said enjoyable activities as I please.

On a completely unrelated topic, here is a game that I have been spending waaaaaay too much time playing.  May it bring you similar hours of internet bliss:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Qwizzly/qbox
yes, I am a word-games kind of gal.

And the title of this post makes me want to watch a certain Christmas movie....
I had planned on working that in a little more cleverly and subtlely, but alas it is getting late and so... that just happened.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad I was able to finish that word game in a couple of hours, because it would have distracted me sooooo much otherwise. ;)

    ReplyDelete