Tuesday, November 11, 2008

DDE Day 1

Today is Monday. I suppose you could say that today is technically the 2nd day of the experiment, but for the sake of ease, we'll just call Sunday the Day of Origination and today Day 1.
So. Notes on today:
(insert *Dining Dollar theme fanfare* here)

- breakfast (9:00) was a bagel and vanilla soy milk at Cathedral Coffee on the way to work (I was late again. Too bad.) Usually I don't eat breakfast, but I was SO HUNGRY from not snacking the night before that I had to stop, even though I was late for work.
- I bought a Smore flavored steamed milk there later in the day, too (in case you were thinking about trying one, DON'T. The milk does not taste like toasted marshmallows, and the "graham cracker pieces" actually just sink to the bottom and become an unpleasant mush for you to find as you're sipping the last few drops. bleh.)
- For lunch (1:00) I went to the Schenley Cafe in the basement of the WPU. I was planning on getting a sub, but the line was so long! Who knew that Schenley Cafe was such a happnin' place? I tried to temper my mild embarrasment at sitting alone by opening my book and reading a few more pages while I ate my surprisingly greasy chicken tenders. (Don't worry, I didn't get any on the pages; I HATE food stains on the inside of books!)
- I didn't get to eat again until about 6:30 tonight due to class and an hour of fasting before Mass, so right after Mass I wolfed down a Snickers bar from the Newman Center vending machine. Ok, technically not a Dining Dollar item, but not a grocery store item, either.
- For dinner, which is usually an in-the-room meal unless I'm meeting someone at Market Central, I went to the Pete Food Court, where I got a toasted sub from Sub Connection plus a muffin and a bag of gummy worms from Jazzman Cafe. I took all of this food back to my room to eat, because I couldn't stand the lameness of sitting down in the food court by myself and the Pete is very close to my dorm.
So far, all the food eaten today has been tastey and free with my mealplan. I sort of cheated by having Mom drop off several cans of fruit for my food drawer, but fruit can not be a meal so the plan will still probably work out alright. So far, all my meals have been eaten alone, which is usually the case, anyway. The key point here is that going out for all my food has increased my meetings with the girls on my floor and other people I know around campus, which is definitely a good thing. I don't want y'all thinking that I don't have any friends here, cuz I have lots, but I usually don't have eating buddies because everyone's schedules are just so different. Seriously.
Alright now, enough of my yammering.

Stay tuned until tomorrow's episode of *insert DDE theme music* The Dining Dollar Experiment!" hahahahaha

1 comment:

  1. Eating meals alone?

    Perhaps we should have a meal together at some point. I'll send you an email.

    ReplyDelete