Friday, September 3, 2010

Fine Eyes

Today, after Tango Club, I found myself with two hours to kill before a little choir rehearsal at 9.  I decided to head to one of the numerous cafes on Craig Street to get some food and work on some homework, and I ended up in Camilles, as usual it seems.  The Indian guy working there recognized me from the other day, when I stopped in to buy some exorbitantly expensive orange juice ($4 a cup???? ay).  Once again, he complimented me on my "beautiful eyes," only this time he went on to say that in the three months he's worked there, I'm the only one he's complimented in this way.  We made small talk while he got my food; he asked me about weekend plans, where I was living this year, etc.  Then he asked me if I liked cookies, and when I said yes, he pulled two from the bakery case, "One for each of your eyes."  I was absolutely flabbergasted...  I mean, I've been complimented before, but this was unheard of.  I got free stuff because I have pretty eyes!  I'm not quite sure what to make of this... but I already ate one of the cookies.  White chocolate and macadamia nut.  Mmmm.  That one was for my left eye, I think. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment