Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Is a Caffeine Buzz Supposed to Last This Long?

I drank a couple cups of coffee about 5 hours ago... and I'm still wide awake. They weren't even full cups; they were half creamer because I hate the taste of coffee. I don't drink coffee very often... but I needed the stamina for studying. I usually just fall asleep when I open my Stat book and I really could not do that tonight. But NOW, when I actually NEED to sleep... no dice.

I am getting work done, though. I'm making the best of my wakefulness. I'm finally writing that draft for my final journalism story that was due over a week ago.

But seriously... doesn't caffeine wear off after a few hours? Am I more sensitive to it than most people or just incredibly naive concerning the ways of coffee?

Oh Lordy... maybe if I drank some warm milk...

It is 4 in the morning!! This is insane!!

Thank God I don't have anything going on tomorrow morning, or I would be sleeping through it.
Or maybe not. Maybe this won't hit me until Wednesday... when I have a Sociology final.

Wouldn't that just be perfect timing.

Argghhh I am never drinking coffee again!! Ever!! I don't even like it! It's bad for your voice and it makes me an emotional wreck! And it tastes bad!!!

Ok, I'm done now. I should really get back to my journalism draft.

4 comments:

  1. I've never had coffee before. Yuck.

    BUT.....
    I will be needing some form of energy for the all nighters I'm gonna end up pulling for finals week since I'm so unprepared. Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always told that caffeine persists in the body for about six hours and for the most part, I've found that to be true. It's a good rule of thumb to not drink anything caffeinated after dinner.

    As for how often I follow that rule of thumb... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 hours is about right... i ended up falling asleep around 5am, finally, after drinking coffee at 11pm.
    well now that i know...
    NEVER AGAIN!!!
    hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim says that caffeine is at its peak 2 hours after you drink it. So, I guess, plan accordingly. ;)

    ReplyDelete