Monday, October 20, 2008

and In Health :)

I'm feeling better!!!
I know that I haven't written anything for a long time, but I've been so sick that all I've really had to talk about is how much my throat hurt/nose was stuffed/body couldn't seem to sleep at night. We've all been through the common cold, and it's not pretty. So why relive it? Exactly. Let's not.
It was about 3 days ago that I finally felt like my old self, able to get out of bed in the morning without wishing I could sleep for another few hours and able to breath out of my nose at long last. One good thing about being sick is that it makes you appreciate your health ever so much more.
Unfortunately, for two weeks I've been in survival mode with my school work, only doing what was absolutely necessary and skipping all the extra preparation before class and review of the material afterwards. The purpose of this was to make time for more sleep and general recuperation, but now that I'm better I have some catching up to do. There are whole chapters in some classes that we just flew through in class that I now have to do all the readings for. Then I need to sit down with the readings and the notes and make connections that I would have made in class if I had done the readings when I was supposed to instead of sleeping all the time.
This is a whole new kind of makeup work for me. But I think I'm up to the challenge.

2 comments: