Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cake

You may know of emotional eaters who reach for sweets when they're upset. I am fortunate enough not to be one of these, or else right now I would weigh far more than I do. No, I am an emotional baker. Hence the chocolate cake sitting on the counter downstairs right now. Perhaps I'm reassured, when all else seems hopelessly jumbled, that the boxed cake mix will always turn into a cake if I follow the directions on the back. And finished cakes are so lovely. After I iced this one with gooey chocolate frosting, I stepped back to feast my eyes upon its beauty and then covered it up so it wouldn't dry out. Not even a nibble. I didn't even want a nibble! How strange. My family is going to start keeping me in a constant state of distress so they'll always have cake around...

3 comments:

  1. ...and as long as that's your outlet, it might be just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Janay,

    Stress is normally caused by lack of preparation and planning.

    That being said, please send me a piece of cake. And may you be distressed often :-)

    LYF,

    Blad the Rad

    ReplyDelete