Thursday, December 10, 2009

A New Computer and a Whole New Head of Hair

First and foremost, I think it worth mentioning that thanks to a little help from my birthday money, I am now in possession of a new Toshiba netbook. It is a perfect little thing and for some reason I love blogging from it. I think it makes me feel hip. I acknowledge the fact that it doesn't actually make me hip, but it feels that way. So chances are that most of the times I update my blog from here on in will be from the baby laptop.

Moving on to the actual topic that I wish to address today: my new hair! Nobody probably noticed, because the change is so slight, but I certainly notice and I feel like a supermodel! (a short one... but still ;) I did the flip-head-over-and-cut-straight-across cut on myself a couple of nights ago, and it gave me just the right amount of layers for growing it out. That's right: my long hair is making a comeback! (sometime in the next couple of years...) And then there's the new styling technique...
I have always been a fan of embracing your hair's natural textures and I've encouraged air drying, not brushing after a shower, and using minimal amounts of product. But who knew that my hair + golf-ball-sized poof of mousse + blowdryer with diffuser attached = amazing wavy/curly hair with body and bounce? Woohoo! I've been tossing my hair around all day (subtley... I hope) because it feels so awesome to have such amazing hair on my head. And you know what the best part of all this is? It only takes me about 10 minutes once my hair is towel-dried! I am so pumped about this new discovery. Now if only my hair would hurry up and grow.

Ok, so this post is admittedly pretty superficial, but I think it's worth it to sometimes to look at the surface and praise God for the things we love about our appearances! I mean, He made us look that way for a reason and obviously loves everything about us. So even though it's silly, thank you, sweet Lord for giving me supermodel hair! And a hip computer to blog from. :D hahahahaha

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. Well, it's good that you're comfortable with your "new" hair.

    ReplyDelete