Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Crazy Crazy Pittsburgh Weather

Up until today the main problem with my dorm room is that it's hot. Really hot. So hot that sometimes the fan that I so strategically placed in my window blows hot air on me. There have been mornings when all I can do when I wake up is lay there and pray that it will cool down soon as the sun beats its morning way across my red and white carpet.
Last night I went so far as to tape paper in my windows so that I can have always have the blinds open for the window fan without providing my neighbors across the courtyard with "a show," in the words of my band trip chaperone. I figured it was pretty much the only way to possibly cool the room off, because I had tried virtually every other arrangement there is known to mankind. OK, that was a hyperbole, but you get what I'm saying, yes?
Alrighty, well get this: this morning, when I woke up... I was COLD. What gives, Pittsburgh? Why do you have to be so weird? I turned off the fan, but there was still a cold breeze, so I had to close the window, too, for the first time since I've moved here. I am now sitting here with just my hands protruding from a blanket cocoon so I can share this experience with you, my dear readers. hahahahaha
You know what else, though? I'm putting jeans on so I can go to Mass this morning, and chances are that when I get back to my room....
it's gonna be really hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment