Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baking Soda Mornings

I'm sure you all know the common uses for baking soda: cooking, cleaning, and banishing yucky smells from refrigerators and shoes. Lately, however, I've come across several interesting new uses for this lovely household favorite. So of course I decided to try them this morning. Enjoy.

Use #1: Brush your teeth with a baking soda paste to whiten teeth.
Trial Run: Yes, this morning I brushed my teeth with baking soda. It hurt. Not only did it leave my gums with a slightly burning, tingling sensation, but it also tasted horrible. I'm talking seriously horrible. On the bright side, it did seem to whiten my teeth about a shade... if that. I'm not sure if the prolonged usage necessary to see real results would be worth the burning and disgusting flavor.

Use #2: Rub a paste of baking soda into skin for exfoliating benefits.
Trial Run: This worked surprisingly well. I rubbed the paste in and let it dry a bit, like a mask, then rinsed it off. It wasn't the initial application of the paste that exfoliated so much as the rinsing off. Afterwards my face felt tingly fresh and smooth, and there was a blushy pink to my cheeks that hadn't been there before. Perhaps it also helps circulation, too? Sweet!

I swear that I did not make these up, though how reputable my sources are is a mystery that shall remain unsolved for now. You may try these tips, as they are not copyrighted, but I refuse to claim any responsibility for mishaps connected to this blog. Yes, my tips come with disclaimers. What of it?

1 comment: