Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting a Job

Because I am a poor college student, I am not in possession of the $2,000 or so that I need for a trip to China this spring with the Heinz Chapel Choir. My solution to this problem was to apply for work in the mall as soon as I got home from college and hopefully start working two jobs so as to make enough money in time.
Silly me, I should have known that the mall is no place to get a job the week before Christmas! Not only is the mall, at this point, full of people shopping, thus making it hard to navigate at a speed faster than a saunter, but in addition, most of the shops have already hired for the holidays. Boo.
I have thus far been turned down at Bath and Body Works and aerie, which only yesterday gave me applications to fill out, which I unsuspectingly completed last night in hopes of, oh, I don't know, maybe at least getting an interview? Now, a mere 24 hours later, they are no longer hiring. Well then take the "hiring" sign down and stop handing out applications!!!
Thankfully, I still may be subbing at Just Dogs Gourmet, where I worked this past summer, and I might have a babysitting job or two lined up.
Also, I hopefully have an interview forthcoming at American Eagle. Hopefully. I will keep you posted on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment