Saturday, December 20, 2008

Getting A Job II

Still no job. I went into American Eagle to ask about my application and the response was, "We're still processing them; we get about 30 applications a day."
... soooo... I guess that means I'm not getting a job there anytime soon.
Yesterday, though, I was shopping at Borders and an old friend of mine happened to mention that they're hiring. It has been a dream of mine to work in a bookstore for years now, so I filled out an online application and sent it in. I'm still waiting for a reply from them, too. I almost cannot dare to hope.
I have yet to call the babysitting job... I've been on a rather strange schedule lately... Actually, I don't have a great excuse for not calling. I'm really just afraid that she'll say, "No, we don't need you" like every other stinkin' place I've applied this break. Christmas is now only 5 days away and I have made exactly $0. This sucks.

2 comments:

  1. If only it were snowing, you could ask to shovel snow. You won't make a ton, but you'd be at more than 0. You might have to try places that wouldn't be cool to work at, and just pick up some shifts at McDonald's or something. :-\ They're always hiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow shoveling? Come up to Erie County! We got about a foot in the last 24 hours!

    (My CAPTCHA is "whwee"... haha.)

    ReplyDelete