Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Getting a Job III

I have given up hope as far as getting a job goes. It's way too late for anyone to hire me for holiday help (Christmas is in a day!!! how exciting is that?!?!?!?!?) and I sure am not going to work on Christmas or the day after. Then I'm leaving for New Years and then I'm going back to school.
It's probably for the best because I have been able to do a lot of helpful stuff around the house in the time that I would have been doing useless work for some store in the mall or whatever... also I'm very glad to have the chance to hang out with people I don't see very often such as high school friends and my sisters who now live in different states.
This is kind of really bad though, because now I've made no money for my China trip. I can not just let the school pay for me to go. I can't. I'll feel like such a good-for-nothing mooch that I would probably just feel guilty for the entire trip.

I know what this means:
I'm going to have to get a job in Oakland and work evenings and weekends this semester.

I mean, yes, I already work in the costume shop, but they are only open from 9-4 every day, and most of that time I am in classes! And yes, I will be working more hours there next semester due to a couple night classes, but most of that extra money will go to my voice lessons (which are ridiculously expensive by the way!!)
So... that leaves me the option of working another job at a store or a restaurant or something to earn some money, since no one here in Bethel wants me.
But I will deal with this once I get back to school...
right now I'm a bit busy enjoying my holiday. :)

2 comments:

  1. Next semester, I've opened up my schedule so that I'm only working in the mornings, because I really like having the nights off. But now I might have to pay for lessons, too, and therefore might need to add some more hours. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete