Monday, May 30, 2011

Medjugorje: Apparition Hill

This morning our wake-up time was 5:30am so we could be ready and breakfasted by 7, because that's when the bus came to take us to Apparition Hill, so as to avoid the heat of the day.  We climbed to the top, stopping at all three of the first three apparition sites and praying the Joyful Mysteries.  Strange things have happened to my stamina for prayer here; while at home I struggle to complete even two decades in a row, here I pray multiple rosaries every day without a second thought. 
After the Hill, we had a bit of a snack (it was still only 10:30am or so) and headed out to a little church where hangs an image of the Divine Mercy, the very same image that came to life and healed a crippled man in Italy to provide the third miracle necessary for St. Faustina's canonization.  It did not come to life today, but Father said a very beautiful Mass beneath it, after which we sang a Divine Mercy Chaplet. 
When we got back into the village, we stopped by Vicka's house, where she gave us her blessing, and then we were shown into the apparition room, where she had seen the Blessed Mother every day for almost twenty years when she was too sick to join the others at the apparition site.  I wish I could upload the picture I took there of the spot where the Blessed Mother had stood (hovered?) so many times, but alas this computer does not have a handy little slot for an SD card like my laptop at home does.
That's all for today.  I am under strict orders from my confessor of last night to spend half an hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament in Adoration this afternoon, so I must be going to the chapel!
May God bless you through the intercession of Our Lady, Queen of Peace.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment