Sunday, May 29, 2011

Medjugorje: Sunday things

This morning after breakfast a group of us went to the stations of the cross and tagged along with a group of Irish pilgrims, which for whatever reason delighted me exceedingly.  They were by far the friendliest group of pilgrims I have yet encountered.  Those darling Irish.  I quietly practiced praying along in my best Irish accent, but I dropped it when they offered to let me read one of the stations and went back to American English so they wouldn't think I was crazy.
Today being Sunday, we went to Mass and then to lunch, and then we went back to the stations of the cross to wipe our hankies on the knees of the statue of the Risen Lord, which cries real tears (scientifically proven by the Germans, so you know it must be true ;).  So, now I have a hanky with Jesus' tears on it.  Pretty sweet awesome, ya?  I think so.
Also of note: our priest has finally arrived!!  I am super excited about this, even though he has been resting and I haven't gotten to see him yet.  He will probs be at dinner.  This is where the real fun starts.  More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment