Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Medjugorje: Technological Advances

You will probably be pleased to know that, thanks to the generosity of our dear spiritual director, I no longer have to pay for Internet connection. Believe it or not, there is a restaurant here with wifi and Father brought an iPad!! lol I certainly could not believe my good fortune.
Not too much has happened since last I wrote, but I will bring you up to speed nevertheless.
Last night after dinner, I went for a walk in the fields and vineyards behind the graveyard and prayed my rosary in Italian! Yes, I finally acquired a pamphlet with the Italian prayers, so I can communicate with Heaven in multiple languages. I want to be able to pray the rosary in as many languages as possible!! So far I am good in English, Spanish, Italian, and a bit of Croatian. Also in an Irish accent. ;) I am loving that I get to use my Italian here, because even though I don't actually speak to many Italians, the shopkeepers here usually know a decent amount of Italian, and sometimes it is easier to communicate with them that way.
This morning I woke at 6am and went on my own to the crying statue of the Risen Lord to douse some things I bought last night in His tears. Even at such an early hour there was a line! But it was ok, a good time for reflection and enjoying the morning sunlight. Then breakfast and Holy Mass, and a talk by a priest whose name I completely forget, unfortunately, because the talk was quite good, focusing on conversion and prayer of the heart.
Later tonight we will attend a talk by Ivan, the visionary. Now, I am lunching with Father: crepes with walnuts and chocolate syrup. How decadent. How delicious. How divine!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds that you are doing well!!!!
    I love you so much and I am always praying for you!!!! Keep going!!!! ;)
    -your little sister

    ReplyDelete