Saturday, May 28, 2011

Medjugorje: Safe Arrival

Just arrived in Medjugorje last night, after about 24 hours of 3 flights, 2 layovers, and 1 3-hour bus ride.  By the time I went to bed last night I had been awake for around 32 hours after not sleeping for more than 4 hours at a time for several nights in a row.  Needless to say, I was so tired that I had pretty much lost my grasp of reality and was slipping in and out of dreams as we checked in and ate dinner.  No joke.  My group went to an apparition last night at the Blue Cross, whatever that is, but as soon as my head hit the pillow for a " quick nap" after dinner I knew I wasn't gonna make it.  I slept til 8am this morning.  Quality nice.
At this time I would like to point out that the keyboard here has the "z" and the "y" switched, and I am a skilled touch-typist, so every time I type a "y" it actually come out as a "z" and I have to backspace and type in the other one.  Seriously, you'd think that I'd be able to figure it out, but every single time.  Just keep that in mind, that I am putting in so much extra effort for this post.
One other instance of note is that, when we stopped for a bathroom break during the bus ride, I got to chatting with a couple of nice Italian ladies who said that I spoke Italian "very well!!"  I was so pleased.  Nevermind that I failed out of Italian 4.  :D  Apparently Medjugorje is just full of Italians nowadays because some Italian actor had a major conversion experience here, upping the press coverage of this village in the Italian media.
So, other than those few tidbits I don't have anything interesting to say.  I'll probably be back to this internet cafe in a couple of days to blog about something more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment