Thursday, June 23, 2011

Here at AMDA

Hello all.  I have arrived in the lovely city of New York, and I am finally completely settled into my dorm!  I am sharing my room with three other girls, and though it's a nice room, it's not quite large enough for the four of us, so I forsee spending a lot of time in the studios to rehearse and in the rec room chilling out.  There is a lovely basement area with a kitchen and an internet cafe-type thing, where I am currently updating, because the wifi isn't up and working yet down here.  There is no internet access in the rooms, but honestly I think this will be a good thing; because it's so small I plan to only sleep and get ready for the day there. 
Also, I don't think I'll really have time to be browsing the internet endlessly or anything, because, as one of the admissions counselors told us in our "welcome" talk, "the next four semesters are going to be a beat-down.  I'm just getting that out there right now."  Whenever I described AMDA's curriculum, the most common response was "Oh, that sounds like so much fun!"  But in reality, the drop-out rate here is pretty high because people just can't take the intensity of this program.  I'm ready for it.
Well, I've gotta wrap it up.  Some orientation thing...  I'll blog again soon to let you in the loop about orientation/initial evaluation things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment