Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Move-a-Palooza

I wrote this last night, but, thanks to the lack of internet connection at my house, I am only posting it now, from the Downtown branch of the Carnegie Library.  :p

*****

People move all the time, especially in this in-between phase in which I now find myself, too old to live with my parents, too poor and unsettled to have a permanent place of residence.  I sincerely doubt, however, that many people experience moves like the one I am now setting myself up for, which, if all goes according to plan, will go something like this:

Wednesday, June 15
I work 9-5 at Joseph A. Bank, my last day.  Sad.  But not too sad.  There are bigger, better things ahead!
In the evening, I move from Greenfield to my parents' house in the South Hills. .

Thursday, June 16
I put the majority of my things in the attic, pack a duffel bag with the bare essentials, and mail one box to my new address at AMDA (still unknown, btw).
I have a doctor's appointment where my physician will (hopefully) fill out a form that says I am fit for the physical, emotional, and psychological rigors of an education at AMDA.
My family has its portrait taken at St. Thomas More Parish.  Cute.
We celebrate my beloved Dad's birthday!  Not sure if this is actually his birthday or not... but we are partying nonetheless!  And I know, I am a horrible daughter and terrible at remembering people's birthdays, among other things.

Friday, June 17
This day is a grace period.  I have no plans (other than to try to sell a few of my things on Craigslist) but I'm sure I'll have plenty to do.

Saturday, June 18
I hop a Megabus for Philly!  I take only the duffel bag and perhaps a tote bag.  We'll cross this bridge when we get there.
I go to Mass in Narberth at 5:15.
I attend a sure-to-be-fantastic pre-Comic Con party!!  Complete with superhero movies and realms of awesomeness not yet fathomed.


Sunday, June 19
I attend Philly's Comic Con 2011 dressed as my favorite Neil Gaiman character.  Or, one of them, anyway.  (hint: I have read all the Sandman novels up to volume 8 in preparation for this.)  Pictures to come, most likely, cuz this costume is gonna kick ass.

Monday, June 20
I take a bus up to NY.  Not sure what I'm gonna do for the day once I get up there.  Maybe picnic in Central Park?  I've been dying to do this for a long long time.  :)
I am staying with a friend's sibling on this night because I'm not allowed to move into my dorm until the 21st.

Tuesday, June 21
I move into my dorm at AMDA!!  Finally!!  And hopefully the box I shipped will be there, waiting for me, in the mail room.
Grocery shopping will happen on this day, most likely, in addition to a variety of other settling-in things.

Wednesday, June 22
Everyone else moves into the dorms, registration and orientation begin.

Monday, June 27
First day of classes!!!

Gaaahh it is all so exciting!  I can't think of it anymore, or may go crazy with anticipation!  Plus, right now, I have a whole bunch of sorting and packing up to do.  Talk about a buzz kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment