Monday, September 29, 2008

Colleggge

The novelty is starting to wear off. Sure, college is better than high school because I love living on my own and the classes are more interesting/specific to my interests. But it's still school. Still the homework, the teachers practically pulling teeth to induce participation, the sleepiness. This all hit me today during my writing class as I struggled to make my mush of a brain work enough to participate in the conversation we were having about writing struggles. I really wanted to say something intelligent and process what other people were saying, but I couldn't. Honestly I'm still feeling a bit sluggish. There is no reason for this; I had plenty of sleep last night and I woke up at a reasonable hour this morning. I didn't wake up at all in the middle of the night. Hmmm.
Well, I have to go to piano class now. Hopefully I won't fall asleep on my keyboard. hahahahaha
...
Perhaps this whole disenchantment with college (and by college I mean classes) comes from increased social involvment, i.e. Heinz Chapel Choir!!! This is going to sound very very lame... but I think Choir Camp might have been my favorite weekend since coming to college. Now, yes, I've been to parties, and they're great, but the choir crowd is just so fun! and more welcoming/friendly than most college parties could ever be. I can't even describe it as I would like to, really, but I guess I can just say that this weekend I felt like part of a group for the first time since coming to Pitt. Now I know that I'm about to get emotional, so I will spare you that and just wrap this up.
Basically, I think my real problem is that I'm having trouble contenting myself with the whole classroom scene again after meeting and enjoying the company of so many awesome people. Also my sleep pattern seems intent on making me tired all the time, even when I've slept enough! Argh! I really need to figure this out to avoid a repeat of today.
I'm sure that eventually classes will seem interesting again. They are the real reason that I'm here, after all. I'm actually really excited that my schedule changes every semester instead of every year. Not only can I fit in lots more classes, but it prevents boredom, which I succumb to quickly, unfortunately. And I apologize for my clumsy sentence structure. Apparently the English classes haven't kicked in yet. But just wait...

1 comment:

  1. Jane, I have yet to know which classes you are taking. You should go to my blog and tell me or put it on facebook.

    ReplyDelete