Monday, September 15, 2008

Success!

Today, I found a grocery store. :) Yay me!!!
My quest began with my desire for peanut butter. I have long since run out of the jar I initially brought to school.
I knew that there was some food at Rite Aid, so I headed in that direction. No dice there, though there were plenty of overpriced snack packages and cookies.
I left the store determined to wander along Forbes Avenue until I found this grocery store that everyone kept telling me about. I crossed Atwood and eureka! there before me like a beacon in the night was an IBG, smiling down at me from the second floor of Super Cuts. Crossing the street again I found my way up the stairs and oh, what a sight greeted my hungry eyes!
An entire aisle of fresh produce! A deli! A bakery! Aisle upon aisle of snack foods and REAL foods! Yes! But way in the back corner I found what I had come for: peanut butter and jam. The jam selection was delightful; I could barely choose between peach, pineapple, apple, grape, black raspberry and the traditional strawberry. And the peanut butters! Creamy AND crunchy! O my! On top of all this they had apple butter, a personal favorite of mine, so of course I bought a jar. In the end I checked out with a jar of creamy peanut butter, a jar of strawberry jam, a jar of apple butter, and the intent to return to IBG quite often.
In Rite Aid's defense, they are still the only place that gives cash back, so I continue to make small purchases there when I need a few dollars.
This adventure has left me with a renewed sense of self-sufficiencey, which has suffered recently due to an increase in school work. :p So although grocery shopping may not seem like a huge deal to you, I assure you that it is quite monumental to me and thus worth blogging about.
Stay tuned to hear me talk about laundry!!! hahahahahahaha I bet you can't wait...

3 comments:

  1. You mean IGA? Which I mentioned in your comments? Glad you found it okay.

    And, oh, laundry... I have to do it soon. Not that I want to. No one ever wants to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes... i realized that it was wrong right after i posted it... dang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Delanie, you are a silly goose. But on that note, I finally found where the Krogers everyone keeps mentioning is! I thought it was so far away, but it's really just right uptown (close to campus) :D YAY! But I really have all the food I need. I just need medicine and vitamins. And ice cream.

    ReplyDelete