Thursday, September 4, 2008

Workin' Out...

So today after ballet class I was feeling really energized for some reason, so I decided it would be an excellent idea to change from leotard to workout clothes and hit the gym. Not the smartest. I did manage to have an excellent workout for the first 25 minutes, though the last 5 minutes were rather painful. Really, it's what happened as a result of my decision that put me in a bit of a fix.
Ok, let me explain.
I have ballet from 1:30 - 2:25. At 4:00 I have choir rehearsal. When I returned to my dorm room around 3, I figured that I had time for a quick workout and shower before I headed out for rehearsal. I did not, however, look at a clock at that time. This could be trouble, yes?
When I got to the gym and looked at the clock, I swear it said 2:00. This could be due to my inability to tell time properly or the clock being slow an hour. I will not comment on which I believe it to be. Either way I should have REALIZED that at 2:00 my ballet class is still in session. But I did not.
For whatever reason, I thought I had an extra HOUR to prepare for choir practice after working out, and it wasn't until I was back in my room sitting at my computer eating cheese and crackers that I realized it was 3:47.
WHAT??? Where did the time go??? Really, though, it was as though I had lost a whole hour! I ended up throwing a shirt and skirt on without even having a chance to shower (ew!) and power walking all the way to rehearsal, and even still I ended up being about 15 minutes late. Why does Lothrop have to be so far away from everything??? Why???
In the end it wasn't really a problem aside from being extremely embarrassing showing up to rehearsal late and sweaty. No one asked me any questions and I volunteered no answers. That's just how things work around here, I guess. I think I kind of like it this way. True, I had no chance to explain my almost legitimate reason for being late, but at least now I have the benefit of the doubt, right? Would people have thought better of me, or worse, if they knew the truth? Well, I guess we'll never know. Unless the people who saw me come in late read this and leave comments... then we might know. But that is unlikely, yes?
I do wish, after all, that the people sitting around me had an explanation for my post-workout stench, though. For all they know now, I might just smell like that all the time. Hmmm. I'll have to work on dispelling this belief...

3 comments:

  1. Jane, you're too cute. haha. I'm sure that next time when you come in smelling like roses and sunshine, they'll forgive you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this through Andrea's blog and realized you were going to the University of Pittsburgh. Then I saw the mention of a choir that meets "today" at 16:00, which was posted on a Thursday.

    Then I quickly put two and two together and postulated that this Jane might be the same as this Jane and the Jane listed here. I figured I should probably say hello.

    So yes, someone who saw you come in late did read this, and is now leaving a comment. Mwahaha!

    Although, to be honest, we haven't formally been introduced to one another, and I don't really know what you look like. So I probably didn't know it was you.

    Come up to me on Tuesday and introduce yourself. I'll be the one in the Pitt hat, barring something totally unexpected, such as someone else wearing a Pitt hat as well.

    Regarding your tardiness: JG's pretty easy-going about stuff early on, especially considering that you're a freshman. Besides, the upperclassmen who are taking attendance don't know half of the newbies anyway, and are just checking people off. I think you're fine... this time. ;)

    Welcome to Pitt, welcome to Choir, and welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way, your blog time zone setting is wrong. It says you posted this during choir, which would also be bad, no?

    Luckily I wrote a post in 2005 about how to change that setting in Blogger.

    ReplyDelete